- American Legion Post 12 will decorate the cemeteries in the city with flags Saturday. Anyone who wants to participate is asked to meet at American Legion Post 12 at 7:30 a.m.
- AMVETS Post 32 will have a Sunday service at 7 p.m. to present the laying of the wreath.
- Main Street Elyria will be host a breakfast Monday at St. Andrew Church downtown at 7:30 a.m. until the parade starts. Breakfast is $5 for adults, $4 for those in uniform, $3 for ages 4 to 12 and free for under 4.
- A Memorial Day ceremony takes place at Ely Square at 9 a.m. Monday before the parade.
- The parade starts at 10 a.m. Monday at Ely Square and travels down Washington Avenue to Ohio Street, ending at Glenwood Street.
- Elyria Post 1079, 500 S. Abbe Road, will have a chicken BBQ for the wounded warriors at their pavilion from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. The post asks for an $8 donation and there will be live music and raffles.
Do you like this post?